If you have a little bit of extra time on the weekends or during the holidays, this slightly fancier breakfast will go down a treat! I am officially crowning Breakfast Quesadillas the Queen of breakfast foods, they are packed full of flavour, beneficial healthy fats and are SO delicious. They also reheat quite well if you make some in bulk for the week
Serves 4, GF
4 egg whites
6 tbsp water
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp salt
4 wholemeal tortillas (or gluten free tortillas)
1 cup grated light cheese
2 cups baby spinach
¼ cup tomato relish
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and water.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and cook the eggs for 3-4 minutes while stirring constantly to create a scrambled egg consistency. Transfer to a bowl
3. In a large frying pan over medium heat, place the tortilla in the pan and put ¼ of the eggs on one side of the tortilla.
4. Add ¼ of spinach, avocado, cheese and relish. Fold the tortilla over and flip so that the other side cooks for ~2 minutes or until the cheese is melted
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other 3 tortillas.
Calories: 421, Protein: 26.2g, Carbohydrates: 31.g, Fat: 19.4g