Healthier Gooey Caramel slice
This healthier caramel slice will definitely be a crowd favourite, just look at the gooeyness! Yum!! You wouldn't know it but it's also vegan and dairy-free and can be made gluten-free as well
Serves 16, DF VN, GF
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp rice malt syrup (or honey)
1/2 cup almond butter or tahini
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped (Lindt 70% is dairy-free)
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Blend the oats in a blender or food processor for a few seconds (it shouldn’t be completely fine like flour)
2. In a bowl, mix together the oats, flour, oil and rice malt syrup. Press the mixture into a lined slice tin (15cm x 15cm) and bake for 12 minutes.
3. In a saucepan melt the almond butter, olive oil, vanilla and rice malt syrup. Stir until smooth.
4. Allow the caramel and base to cool. Then, pour the caramel over the base and freeze until set.
5. Melt the chocolate (microwave or stove) and pour over the slice. & enjoy x
*for gluten-free sub the flour and oats for almond meal or coconut flour
Cal: 217 Protein: 3.1g Carbs: 15.1g Fat: 15.8g