Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks with Jasmine Rice and Steamed Greens
One of my favourite childhood dinners was ‘sticky chicken’, essentially chicken drumsticks with a sticky Thai marinade. I’ve tried to recreate that recipe here and I think I’ve nailed it! I’ve also adapted the recipe to be super-duper quick for weeknight dinners.
I hope you like it xx
8 chicken drumsticks
1/4 cup tamari
1/4 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp lemongrass, finely chopped (optional)
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 1/2 cups raw rice or can use microwave packs
Green vegetables (approx. 4 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 200c
2. Mix together tamari, fish sauce, honey, lemongrass, ginger and chilli.
3. Place chicken in a lined baking tray and pour over the marinade.
4. Bake chicken for 25 mins, turning halfway.
5. Meanwhile, in a saucepan add rice to 2 1/4 cups of water and simmer until all water is evaporated
6. Steam green vegetables and serve!
Cal: 501 Protein: 35.8g Carbs: 58.2g Fat: 13.7g