Pumpkin and Walnut Loaf
Every time I make this I forget how good it is! It’s like banana bread, but 10 times better!
Super light and fluffy and spiced with cinnamon - delicious! My favourite part is the cream cheese icing though, YUM!
Recipe serves 12
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups pumpkin, chopped
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1/4 cup milk or alternative
1 1/2 cup wholemeal spelt flour (or GF flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp icing sugar
1/3 cup walnuts
1. Boil a pan of water and add pumpkin
2. Once soft, mash the pumpkin and set aside
3. Mix together all wet ingredients, then add dry ingredients
4. Mix in the mashed pumpkin
5. Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake at 160c for 55 minutes
6. Once the loaf is cool, mix together the icing ingredients (except walnuts) and spread over the top.
7. Add the chopped walnuts and serve!
Cal:195 Protein: 4.5g Carbs: 21.5g Fat: 10.2g