Stuffed mushrooms with a chickpea and walnut salad
I love experimenting with new vegetarian meals, and when mushrooms are involved you can’t go wrong!! SO much flavour.
I stuffed the mushrooms with sautéed mushroom stalks, garlic, onion, fresh parsley, breadcrumbs and parmesan, which created a perfectly crunchy and flavoursome top
9 flat or portobello mushrooms
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (or quinoa flakes for GF)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (nutritional yeast for vegan)
2 tsp oregano, finely chopped
1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp ground paprika
3 cups rocket
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 190c. Gently wipe or peel the mushrooms and remove the stalks.
2. Finely chop the mushroom stalks. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a medium fry pan on high heat. Add the mushroom stalks, onion, garlic and parsley to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, oregano, and mushroom together.
4. Place the mushrooms on a lined baking tray and top with the filling. Drizzle over the remaining 1 tbsp oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. To make the salad, on a separate baking tray, add the chickpeas, oil, paprika and gently shake to mix. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. To serve, mix the chickpeas with the rocket, walnuts and plate up with the mushrooms.
Cal: 286 Protein: 14.6g Carbs: 17.2g Fat: 15.1g